Environmental biotechnology laboratory services
SynTech Research Laboratory Services, LLC is a GLP laboratory providing technical services to the agricultural market. It now offers a range of biotechnological services to clients developing GMO Seed/Traits technologies. The Environmental Biotech Lab, operating from SynTech’s global headquarters in Stilwell, Kansas, provides developmental or routine testing from DNA to proteins – from PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) services to ELISA (Enzyme Linked Immuno-Sorbent Assays).
The laboratory complements the company’s GMO/Seed/Traits field testing and ecotoxicological services.
Seeds and biotech traits
Confirmation of desired GMO Seed/Traits in crop (plant or seed) as part of clients’ Quality Control programs
- Protein Expression in GMO crops determined by ELISA (qualitative and/or quantitative):
- DNA analysis (PCR services) to determine presence or absence of GMO trait inserts
Future offerings will include:
- Quantitative PCR: Determination of percentage of GMO in bulk samples and gene expression (mRNA) of GMO traits
- IRM monitoring: on-plant or tissue extraction assays for resistance monitoring & annual monitoring programs (biotech aspect: protein expression of host plant’s GMO traits via ELISA)
Additional Future Services
- ELISA assay development and trouble shooting
For further information contact:
Global requests: Scott Ward, Director of Laboratory Services