SynTech Research has delivered very many successful trials with Biopesticides for the control of pests and diseases. Agents tested include:
Macrobials – Invertebrate Biocontrol Agents (IBCAs) – Insects, mites and entomopathogenic nematodes.
Microbials and Microbial Biocontrol Agents (MBCA) – bacteria, fungi and viruses (and beneficial soil micro-organisms).
Trials are also conducted on Insect pheromones/ semiochemicals.
Studies are conducted on an extensive range of arable and horticultural crops, using its worldwide network field stations in over 30 countries. These include screening and evaluation in laboratories/glasshouses/growth chambers and trials at the field stations and in commercial fields. Techniques include syringe application and chemigation with tailored irrigation systems – flood, sprinkler and drip.
SynTech has conducted particularly extensive Biopesticide programs in the US, Latin America – Argentina, Costa Rica and Chile, and Europe – Spain, Portugal, France.
Studies have included laboratory, glasshouse and field programs, against pests, diseases in
- Corn (Heliothis, Rice (Chilo), Pome and Stone fruit (Cydia, Anarsia, Monolinia, Coryneum,
- Vines (Lobesia, Uncinula, Plasmopara, Botrytis, Phomes)
- Citrus (Ceratitis, Panonychus, Aonidiella, Penicillium, Botrytis), Bananas (Sigatoka)
- Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber, Peppers, Strawberries, Artichokes (Nematodes, Pseudomonas, Phytophtora, Pseudoperonospora, Alternaria, Sclerotinia, Penicillium, Bremia, Botrytis, Pythium, nematodes
Materials tested include:
- Bacillus thuringiensis, B. subtilis, Trichoderma, yeasts and other fungi
- Semiochemicals and other natural products (pheromones, attractants, repellents, oils, Renoutria extract)
For further information contact
NAM: Jasper Barnes: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LATAM: Carlos Caballero email: email@example.com
EMEA/APAC: Eric Ythier email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on Biopesticide Regulatory Services, please see:
https://www.gabconsulting.de/business-areas/biopesticides.html, which shows the offering by our partner GAB, currently merging with SynTech Research