The latest copy of the Biostimulants and Biocontrol Services brochure can be accessed here
SynTech Research has delivered very many successful trials with Biopesticides for the control of pests and diseases. Agents tested include:
Macrobials – Invertebrate Biocontrol Agents (IBCAs) – Insects, mites and entomopathogenic nematodes.
Microbials and Microbial Biocontrol Agents (MBCA) – bacteria, fungi and viruses (and beneficial soil micro-organisms).
Trials are also conducted on Insect pheromones/ semiochemicals.
Studies are conducted on an extensive range of arable and horticultural crops, using its worldwide network field stations in over 30 countries. These include screening and evaluation in laboratories/glasshouses/growth chambers and trials at the field stations and in commercial fields. Techniques include syringe application and chemigation with tailored irrigation systems – flood, sprinkler and drip.
SynTech has conducted particularly extensive Biopesticide programs in the US, Latin America – Argentina, Costa Rica and Chile, and Europe – Spain, Portugal, France.
Studies have included laboratory, glasshouse and field programs, against pests, diseases in
- Corn (Heliothis, Rice (Chilo), Pome and Stone fruit (Cydia, Anarsia, Monolinia, Coryneum,
- Vines (Lobesia, Uncinula, Plasmopara, Botrytis, Phomes)
- Citrus (Ceratitis, Panonychus, Aonidiella, Penicillium, Botrytis), Bananas (Sigatoka)
- Tomato, Lettuce, Cucumber, Peppers, Strawberries, Artichokes (Nematodes, Pseudomonas, Phytophtora, Pseudoperonospora, Alternaria, Sclerotinia, Penicillium, Bremia, Botrytis, Pythium, nematodes
Materials tested include:
- Bacillus thuringiensis, B. subtilis, Trichoderma, yeasts and other fungi
- Semiochemicals and other natural products (pheromones, attractants, repellents, oils, Renoutria extract)
For further information contact
NAM: Jasper Barnes
LATAM: Carlos Caballero
EMEA/APAC: Eric Ythier
For information on Biopesticide Regulatory Services, please see:
https://www.gabconsulting.de/business-areas/biopesticides.html, which shows the offering by our partner GAB, currently merging with SynTech Research