A vacancy has arisen within our UK field team, based in East Anglia, for an experienced Field Biologist to plan, execute and deliver the annual regulatory field trials programme (GLP).
The job holder will work with the Field Testing Manager to co-ordinate, plan & deliver the annual regulatory field trials programme and will be directly responsible for the execution of most of these studies. To deliver their studies, the job holder will be accountable for site selection, crop establishment, marking out, treatment preparation & application, crop sampling and field phase reporting, ensuring that the work is conducted to the required legal and company standards. In addition, they will assume responsibility for chemical and sample stock management at Pakenham and will support the team in delivering the annual efficacy trials programme (GEP) as required.
- Typically the applicant will have a BSc, or equivalent qualification in either Agriculture or Biological Sciences plus five years practical field experience specialising in field regulatory studies (GLP). Ideally the candidate would also have experience ofplant pathology, weed science, and/or pest control bio-efficacy field trials (GEP) and hold a NPTC PA1 & PA6 spray certificate.
- The job holder should also have good written/verbal English language communication skills, be self-motivated, able to work independently, but also to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Good computer skills and experience of maintaining accurate records and writing field phase study reports.
- Be physically able and willing to work flexibly, often for long hours under challenging field conditions. The candidate may be expected to travel & work at a range of locations within the UK in order to deliver their field programme.
- A full driving licence is essential and experience of tractor driving and farm machinery would be an advantage.
For a copy of the job description click here
|Location:||Pakenham, near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK|
|Duration:||Full time permanent|
|Salary:||£24k to £35k per annum depending on experience and qualifications|
|Contact:||Email CV and covering letter to: Mrs Debbie Hills: firstname.lastname@example.org|