SynTech Research Group is seeking a Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Ecotox Head (EEH) to be in charge of strategic development and business growth of the ecotoxicological services.
The EEH will support regional EMEA Ecotox units in planning, costing and managing regional contracts as well as in achieving timely delivery of high-quality reports to customers.
The EEH will support and coordinate regional EAME Ecotox units to implement uniform Ecotox processes.
The EEH will ensure close cooperation among regional EMEA Ecotox units, e.g. with regards to customer relationships, training and recruiting of skilled staff.
1. Plan and develop a regional organization The EEH will set up a regional organization ensuring the delivery of the best scientific expertise:
- Assist the Regional Director coaching and assist local/regional Ecotox teams in EMEA;
- Support local Ecotox units in recruiting highly skilled staff (e.g. scientific experts, study directors and principle investigators, where appropriate);
- Support local Ecotox units in setting-up adequate training and follow-up in order to develop the team competencies.
2. Plan and develop a sales/marketing approach: The EEH will design the sales approach to assess the potential, or further the understanding of agrochemical and adjacent markets as regards to Ecotox. This includes understanding sponsors’ objectives and requirements. He/she will be responsible for:
- Proactively contacting Tier I/II clients, alongside with the Global Marketing & Sales where appropriate, in order to acquire business.
- Negotiating with key clients, where appropriate and finalizing framework agreements
3. Responsibility for the EMEA Ecotox business. EEH will set up the budget for the business in cooperation with the local units and in, accordance with EMEA Regional Director set-up-objectives, drives pricing policy (for global accounts).
4. Keep abreast of new developments in the field of Ecotoxicology and ecological risk assessment in relation to agrochemicals and beyond (i.e., industrial chemicals regulated under REACH, pharmaceuticals, biocides, and other chemicals and materials). Provide information to potential customers about the capabilities of the SynTech Research Group as appropriate in meetings with sponsors, conferences etc.
5. Set-up Global Ecotox processes using the expertise of the ecotox center of excellence in order to standardize the scientific approach.
Requirements and Skills
- M.S level in applied biological sciences, ecotoxicology, chemistry, ecology, molecular biology with relevant (>15 years) work experience in the field of ecotoxicology, environmental risk assessment and development of methods and strategies in this field. Well-developed influencing and communication skills are essential.
- Highly effective in English and German Languages written and presentation skills plus relevant computer knowledge and skills. Knowledge of French and Spanish is beneficial.
- Ability to travel regionally and globally
For a copy of the full job description please click here
|Duration:||Full time permanent|
|Salary:||Dependent on experience and qualifications|
|Contact:||Please forward resume / CV to Annette Schilling email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Closing date:||28th May 2021|